Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthday Dog

So here I am, starting a blog.  This will be interesting to see how long I can keep up with something like this.  I'm not usually good with blogs/journals, but I need something to keep my stress level down.

Matt's chemo treatments are almost done; one more to go, and then five weeks of radiation before surgery.  That's a plus!  But the financial strain is starting to get to both of us.  We're still getting by but we just have to take this all one day at a time.  It's kind of strange really.  A day, by itself, can fly by, but time in general is going at a snail's pace.  We can take one day and spend it all together doing a mixture of things and that day ends very quickly, but as a whole, it's still JUST one day.  We want it to be more.  We want this to be over with.  But we also know that despite everything, this is truly making a stronger couple.

On a lighter note, today is our oldest "child's" third birthday, so I thought I'd post some of his older pictures as a way to remember when he was younger too.  Happy birthday my baby boy!


2 comments:

  1. Cute pups Tara! I didn't know about your husband having to deal with this until I saw you post the blog. I'm very sorry to hear all the hardships life has brought you both. I know as long as you guys stick together and push back with all you have you guys will put up one hell of a fight! Stay strong and positive -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support. It's a tough time right now, but I just keep reminding myself that despite how bad things may seem right now, they could be so much worse.

    ReplyDelete