Friday, February 4, 2011

Radiation and Waiting

Alright, so this obviously isn't a "daily" blog anymore but at least I'm making another post.

So some good things are happening.  I won't elaborate too much but I will say that things are, financially, starting to look up.  They aren't perfect yet, but things are at least turning in the right direction.

Matt and I went to the radiologist to discuss the radiation treatments... and well we got a mixture of good and bad news.  The good news first: while we still do not know whether or not Matt will need an amputation, things are obviously looking good because the doctor said that they wouldn't even be considering radiation if there wasn't perhaps a chance to save his foot.  Please keep in mind that this by no means guarantees that he won't have an amputation.  But considering that they originally never planned on doing radiation and now they are, that has to be at least a good sign.

And now the bad news.  Matt and I were originally told that we could not try to have children while he was going through chemotherapy.  That's perfectly understandable.  We even understood that we would have to wait six months after his final treatment.  That's fine!  We were planning on starting the countdown clock next Friday after his final treatment.  However, the bad news is coming.  The doctor today said that because we are now going to go through radiation, it's best to not try or even do anything until one year after radiation.  Radiation will go on for five weeks and won't even start for about a month now.....

Um people... we're newly-weds here.  Are you KIDDING me?!  Yea so that's what we're going through right now.... Fuuuuuuuun....

No comments:

Post a Comment